How to Obtain Construction Permits for Houses in Lahore?
Have you purchased a plot and plan to finally build your dream building? As most of us already know, building requires more than just a parcel of land and resources. While many things are absolutely necessary, one also needs permission from concerned regulatory authority before constructing a building.
Documents-Building Authority requires documents for new construction or major renovations.
Here is a breakdown of the process to obtain a construction permit in Lahore for houses.
Visit the concerned One Window Counter set up by the Lahore Development Authority and submit the required documents and building plan.
Download the challan pay fees at Bank of Punjab.
The LDA will then verify the ownership and possession letter, which takes up to 5 days.
The authority will then scrutinize the building plan, vet the structural drawings and verify the payment etc. This internal process takes up to 14 days.
Once all the plans and documents have been verified, the applicant will receive a text notification to collect the letter containing construction approval for houses from the Customer Facilitation Centre.
Total Time Duration: 20 Days
Documents Required To Obtain Construction Permit For Houses In Lahore
Here is the list of documents required for getting a construction permit in Lahore:
· Copy of applicant’s NIC
· Ownership or title documents (Sales deed, registry, allotment letter, intiqal, aks shajra)
· Power of attorney or authority letter (if applicable)
· Building Application Form (BR-1)
· 2 sets of Specification Forms (BR-2 and BR-3)
· 5 copies of Building Plan along with Site Plan (along with one mounted on cloth)
· An undertaking on PKR 100 stamp paper for construction to follow the approved building plan.
· In case the building plan includes a basement, an undertaking on PKR 100 stamp paper for bearing the damages or mishaps
· Signature and stamp of the architect on all plans and forms
· Signature and stamps of the structural engineer (if applicable)
· Signature of the owner(s) on all plans and forms
Please note that the above-mentioned forms can be downloaded from the official website of Lahore Development Authority.